NO CONNECTION BETWEEN LEMUR AND LEMUR EDITOR, HELP!!!

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
ziggy99
NO CONNECTION BETWEEN LEMUR AND LEMUR EDITOR, HELP!!!

Post by ziggy99 » 16 Apr 2012 17:08

I am EXTREMELY frustrated with my Lemur app. I just got the new Ipad yesterday specifically for using the Lemur software. I only got it to connect once yesterday and it will not connect no matter how many times I try. I'm using a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6.8. The Lemur Daemon has no issues recognizing the Lemur Output or Input, but when it comes to connect the Lemur to the Lemur editor, the Lemur editor doesn't see the Lemur at all. I try to connect and keep getting the host must be busy, please check host address error every single time. Under the Airport tab the IP address is 169.254.254.6 (which is also what shows up in the Lemur OSC target host address when I open the Lemur app. I set up my network, connected to it on the Ipad, set the midi targets to XXXX.local on the output/input to the Daemon 0 and 1 output/input which is recognized by Daemon. Then I open the Lemur editor and go to the settings tab, it shows the local IP to be 192.168.1.101 and of course at the bottom it says Lemur: Not Connected. In the Local IP tab there is a drop down and it allows me to change it to 169.254.254.6. If I do, still nothing happens. Then when I go to the connect tab, whatever IP i selected shows up in the IP: box but with no Lemur to be seen to select. It's extremely frustrating to have paid $50 for something that doesn't even work and it seems like such a waste of time and hassle to use...Please help!

Macciza
Regular

Re: NO CONNECTION BETWEEN LEMUR AND LEMUR EDITOR, HELP!!!

Post by Macciza » 17 Apr 2012 02:08

Hi
I can assure you that the app does work. and many people enjoy using it.
If it has connected then we should be able to get to connect again.
Do you have the latest versions -3.1 - of app and editor? I assume so if you have just purchased it.
Do you have any other apps running on your iPad that may be using the network ports that the Lemur Editor uses?
The IP addresses on the Lemur tab of Settings panel gets updated upon successful connection via the Connection panel (play button) .
When using the Connection panel it should show the IP of the iPad not your computer/host - those addresses seem like your computers.
Try putting the IP of your iPad in the IP box of the connection panel (play button) if the iPad is not listed in the selection area above it.
Try that and see if you have any success - the iPad should be running the Lemur app in focus when attempting to connect.

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 17 Apr 2012 14:46

Macciza wrote: Do you have any other apps running on your iPad that may be using the network ports that the Lemur Editor uses?
aah, that could be the reason why the editor on my Mac does not see my iPads.

5 minutes later: hm, I shut down everything I could see, but still the same.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

ziggy99

Post by ziggy99 » 18 Apr 2012 03:56

I tried all of the following...
Thanks for getting in touch. Let me get you up and running.

Please follow these steps:
- Make sure your iPad and your computer are on the same network.
- Launch the Daemon.
- Launch the Editor.
- Launch Lemur on the iPad.
- Make sure you have no firewalls on your router or computer.
- Go into the preferences on the Lemur in the iPad and assign the targets to Daemon 0.

That should do the trick.

Kind regards,
Marino.

Also tried changing the address in the Lemur editor connection tab to the IP address that my Ipad shows my created "Lemur" network shows and it still doesn't work. When I go to the settings tab in the Lemur editor, it shows two IP addresses, one is the computer IP address and the other is an address that is NOT the same as the one on my Ipad's "Lemur" network that I created. This is getting really frustrating and makes me wish I had never even purchased the software if it can't even do the simple task of connecting correctly as it should. I don't care if others are using and it's working great for them, it's not working for ME. I have tried several times to get it connected spending literally hours on it with no success. I don't know what changed or what I can change to get it to just simply connect the Lemur to the Lemur editor. Frankly it is getting ridiculous and for such a waste of time, I don't see how this is even reliable or useful for someone trying to play a gig or in public. With all this trouble, I would be afraid to just take my laptop and Ipad to a gig, worrying that it might not connect and make a fool of myself in front of an audience. I got it to work for a second time and tried to shut it down and recreate it all over again with no luck. I think I just want a refund and your software is an utter failure with too many bugs and issues to be a viable source to be used professionally.

ziggy99

Post by ziggy99 » 18 Apr 2012 04:26

Ok, so it finally worked with the following settings...

Lemur Editor Settings Lemur Tab: Local IP: 192.XXX.X.XXX
Lemur: 169.XXX.XXX.XXX (This address is the same as the created network and can be found in the Ipad's network IP address that you created.)
Lemur Editor Connection Tab: IP: 169.XXX.XXX.XXX

Ipad Network "Lemur" IP: 169.XXX.XXX.XXX
Lemur App OSC Target OSC 0 Host: 169.XXX.XXX.XXX

So all of the addresses are the same created network IP address except the one set under the Local IP address in the Lemur editor settings tab. But isn't this the OSC connection and not just the regular WIFI Midi connection??? Otherwise, I can't seem to be able to connect any other way. Any additional ideas on how to get just the regular WIFI Midi?

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 18 Apr 2012 05:03

Hi
There is no need to hide those IP numbers - they are local to your network . ..
I would suggest that you read the manual - it explains all of this . . .
And also get a better understanding of networking your iPad and computer.
MIDI is handled by the Lemur Daemon - by setting up MIDI Targets and sending info to it .
The Editor connection is for transferring data from editor to iPad app.
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

ziggy99

Post by ziggy99 » 18 Apr 2012 15:47

I have read the manual and it's EXTREMELY vague as far as any detailed descriptions in getting things connected. From reading other posts it seems that many other people have had similar issues. I think you guys should explain connecting the Lemur to the Lemur editor in greater detail (such as IP addresses in settings tabs for example) and give some diagrams in your manual. I think it would really help a lot of people as I'm not the only one with these issues. Anyways, my Lemur finally works now so I done bitching about it, thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future, thanks again to all of you for your help.