Lemur Axe Fx Ultra (Sysex input): Beginner

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
gotmilo
Lemur Axe Fx Ultra (Sysex input): Beginner

Post by gotmilo » 21 Mar 2012 11:38

Hi, I've just bought Lemur app. Can anyone please guide me to setup sysex for Amp 1 Level Settings? Midi Touch uses this: F0 00 01 74 01 02 0A 06 05 01 00 CV 01 F7, but it doesn't seem to work with Lemur app. A template as guide from anyone would be more than welcome. Thanks in advance!

Macciza
Regular

Re: Lemur Axe Fx Ultra (Sysex input): Beginner

Post by Macciza » 21 Mar 2012 12:04

Hi
Sysex has been cvered a number of times - try a search of the forum posts . .
You may also want to have a look at this discussion http://liine.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 2&start=20
Hopefully that should get you started.
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

dsorlien

Post by dsorlien » 22 Mar 2012 02:40

Here is an example showing how to control an AxeFX Standard or Ultra parameter using sysex.

In the example is a script SendSetParam(b,p,v) which takes three arguments:
b is the block number
p is the parameter number
v is the parameter value

Code: Select all

midiout(0,{0xF0,0,1,0x74,1,2,
 floor(b%16),floor(b/16),
 floor(p%16),floor(p/16), 
 floor(v%16),floor(v/16),
 1, 0xF7});
The attached template uses this script to control Amp1 Level.
Attachments
amp1level.jzml.zip
(896Bytes)Downloaded 156 times

gotmilo

Post by gotmilo » 23 Mar 2012 09:32

Fantastic!! Thank you for helping! Appreciated. Will get on with it right away.

gotmilo

Post by gotmilo » 24 Mar 2012 11:44

Hi, the script worked very well. May i ask if anyone can share the exact script/ template for getting Axe Fx to send Amp 1 Level parameter to Lemur and also effect blocks status within a patch? I've looked up most forums and attempted to put the scripts together but till date still couldn't get it to work. :?:

Here's one of the forums i've been to: http://liine.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=729 .

dsorlien

Post by dsorlien » 25 Mar 2012 19:03

Here is a template I've been using to observe the AxeFX Ultra response to sysex commands. More specifically, I was interested in three command types:
- GetParameterValue
- GetPresetName
- GetBypassStates

This template can easily send commands to the AxeFX that it won't recognize, so please be careful. I have found that querying a block that does not exist in the currently loaded preset can cause my AxeFX Ultra to lock up. There could be a risk of data loss, so be sure to back up the AxeFX before experimenting with this template.
Attachments
sysex_monitor_06.jzml.zip
(3.69KiB)Downloaded 163 times

gotmilo

Post by gotmilo » 26 Mar 2012 12:02

Hi Dsorlien, thanks for the monitor. I can get the sysex but how do i impliment the sysex? I as hoping i can have a GET PATCHES button to call up all bypass states with one button. Would that be possible? I suppose to prevent Axe from crashing i can call up the usual blocks like drive, delay and reverb. Also, for the amp settings would it be possible to have a button that calls up the settings as well? Will be great help is you can share a template that demonstrate this....pleassseee.....thank you!!!! :cry:

dsorlien

Post by dsorlien » 31 Mar 2012 18:28

gotmilo wrote:Hi Dsorlien, thanks for the monitor. I can get the sysex but how do i impliment the sysex? I as hoping i can have a GET PATCHES button to call up all bypass states with one button.
Bypass state message is very tricky. Search the AxeFX forum for details on the message format of the bypass state response. I have not yet written Lemur code to parse this message. The bypass response message is variable size, and can be very large. To implement this, I will need Liine to increase the max size of incoming sysex, and also will need them to fix the bug that can corrupt incoming sysex messages (not all bytes in message are received).
Would that be possible? I suppose to prevent Axe from crashing i can call up the usual blocks like drive, delay and reverb. Also, for the amp settings would it be possible to have a button that calls up the settings as well? Will be great help is you can share a template that demonstrate this....pleassseee.....thank you!!!! :cry:
It took me a while to come up with an example that is not too complex. I am using a much different technique in my large AxeFX template to query the parameters one-by-one.

This example has six faders and one knob for:
AMP1 drive, bass, mid, treble, master, level, and balance

Each control is enclosed in a container. Copy and paste to add more controls. Read the comments in the scripts, hopefully I did an OK job describing how this works.
Attachments
axefx_gen1_sysex_01.jzml.zip
(3.07KiB)Downloaded 199 times

dsorlien

Post by dsorlien » 31 Mar 2012 18:33

Yes, that's my thread. I hope Cliff can find time to fix the issue, but it is not a show stopper if he decides to leave it as-is.