Switches controls via MIDI

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
iam404
Switches controls via MIDI

Post by iam404 » 12 Mar 2012 14:42

Hey everyone!

I'm making a template to control micronAU audio-unit hosted by Ableton Live to contol my Alesis Micron synth. It should be quite simple template with a number of knobs, faders, switches e.t.c. that mapped to corresponding parameter of audio-unit. It should work clear in that way - AU recieves Sysex from Micron to display parameters of the current patch, and Lemur controls AU, that sends all parameter changes to Micron. All parameters display in Lemur should be syncronized with AU - e.g. when I send Sysex from the synth I want to see correct knobs and other controllers position in Lemur (as I see them in AU).

Here's a picture of audio-unit:

As you see it has a number of drop-down menus, which can be controlled by MIDI. For instance, "wavefrom" drop-down can recieve CC# with value "0" for selecting sine-wave, "64" for tri-saw and "127" for pulse.

The problem is - when controlling such parameters (as well as simple knobs) with the help of Switches module in Lemur, I can't recieve switch position back to the Lemur from AU correctly - it works just fine in one way, I choose waveform on Lemur, it changes in AU and synth easily. But when I change this parameter manually in AU my switches postition does'nt change. When I use a knob to control any of parameters everything works properly - knob postion "synced" in all units - Lemur and AU (as well as in synth).

Can this issue be solved, or I'd better use knobs/faders/sliders for that purpose?

Macciza
Regular

Re: Switches controls via MIDI

Post by Macciza » 12 Mar 2012 15:55

Hi
I would look at duplicating that interface - and use Menus . . .
Menus can be setup to send MIDI and should be able to be controlled as well . . .
Post a bit of your project if you need a hand sorting it out . .
Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

iam404

Re: Switches controls via MIDI

Post by iam404 » 12 Mar 2012 16:06

I thought of using Menus, but switches seems more handy for touch-screen interface. Althogh it could be not a big problem :)
I'll post my template here as soon as it will be done

Thank you!