array

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
joebataz
Regular
array

Post by joebataz » 12 Mar 2012 01:59

Do I have to loop through an array to make it equal to another array.
2 arrays; ArrayA, ArrayB.

Why doesn't
ArrayB = Array A
work?

joeb

Macciza
Regular

Re: array

Post by Macciza » 12 Mar 2012 02:49

Hi
What context/scope are you doing it in? It works within script execution . . .
However if you have a numeric vector defined ie {,1,2,3} in the project and it's blue text, it's a bit different . . .
I believe these are essentially treated as constants by the parser so that may be the problem . . .
Declared within a script it works as a locally defined variable though

Hope that helps
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

joebataz
Regular

Re: array

Post by joebataz » 12 Mar 2012 06:07

Thanks for the reply.
One array was declared as a script variable, the other as a global, actually 48 of them. When I build the script array I make a global array equal to it. Easier than doing an if....else if for 48 builds of the globals. Getting close to releasing the template. Will take quite a bit of explaining. If you remember the description of my project for DMX control it grew quite a bit into 2 full scenes that can be linked to 2 different audio streams. The 48 globals are for holding 48 different sequences. Still working on getting the clock to work better but I have had the template run short sequences in synchronization with audio. Working on breaking it so I know what to fix. On the fly modifications work pretty good though.

joeb