Lemur to Ableton connectivity issues - newbie

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
bytezen
Lemur to Ableton connectivity issues - newbie

Post by bytezen » 11 Mar 2012 01:23

I have been able to successfully connect Lemur (iPAd v1 ) to Ableton ( v 8.2.6 on OS X Lion ) but only when using MIDI 0 on Lemur and Daemon Input / Output 0 on the Lemur Daemon. With this setup I receive messages on a Midi track in Ableton with MIDI From set to: 'All Ins' or ' Daemon Input 0'. This is expected behavior as I understand it.

However, when I try to use any other MIDI port on the Lemur I can not get Midi messages to Ableton. e.g Midi 0 on Lemur to Daemon Input 7 and Daemon Output 7. And then selecting Daemon Input 7 for 'Midi From' in Ableton.

Can someone please provide suggestions for debugging this connectivity issue? I have searched the forums but have not been able to find any similar problem.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

bytezen

Re: Lemur to Ableton connectivity issues - newbie

Post by bytezen » 11 Mar 2012 01:37

I figured it out. In case any Noob has trouble with this in the future. When you create an object in the editor it is assigned a MIDI Target.

I was testing my connectivity with the iPad Keyboard template. I have not verified this, but I believe the Midi targets for those pad controls is set to MIDI 0. When I create a Pad object with MIDI Target 7, voila...it works.

Lemur rocks...ignorance stinks