Why should I care...

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Salt+Slug
Why should I care...

Post by Salt+Slug » 08 Mar 2012 18:21

Why should I care about which semi-famous artist is using Lemur, when they provide little to no contribution to the community? They aren't showing us their interfaces or what they are doing with them. We get minor glimpses and promo shots. I'm over them. They are probably scouring the User Library and taking our ideas then not sharing back. If there are some on here that actually do contribute then my harsh words need not apply to you, but the guys that are all "ohh Lemur!!!" on FB then are absent here, I feel that's like downloading my music and not paying for it. At least show some appreciation for the work done, (and we won't think any less of you for "noob" scripting questions.) You could even go under an assumed name and "leak" stuff. I personally don't care how cool Bjork thinks Lemur is, if I don't know what she's doing with it, because she could be doing anything like; using it to type IMs on an off stage computer with her Icelandic girlfriends during her show. I really appreciate the community here, everyone is really friendly and good help when they can be! I just wish these were the people getting the focus, not the "in at the moment" DJ, who just wants to feel cool and innovative.
I don't know, that's just my two cents....
Moog LittlePhatty Stage2, Novation Ultranova, Live8 suite, NI Massive, NI FM8, Max/Msp, LaunchPad, APC-40, and a lot more