Still looking

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
joebataz
Regular
Re: Still looking

Post by joebataz » 07 Mar 2012 23:44

back to hair pulling time.......

Faders:
Can a faders range be changed from 0 to 1 to something else like 0 to 1000?
Can you set the position of the cap programmatically?
Is there a way to change the size of the cap?

General question:
I want to have a visual indicator of where in a sequence I am. I would have thought a fader would work but not so far as I've tried. So I thought that I would just move an object along on the screen but I can't get the size of anything that small. i.e. 10W 25H

tia

joeb
www.stoneagelighting.com
"old as dirt and made from rock..."

joebataz
Regular

Post by joebataz » 08 Mar 2012 04:40

DAMN IT.
Go ahead, ban me. For the THIRD timer I have had hours worth of work disappear.
FIX THE EDITOR!!!!!
www.stoneagelighting.com
"old as dirt and made from rock..."

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 08 Mar 2012 05:23

Hi
I don't know if banning is necessary, though you may find people will ignore you . . .
You seem to make a lot of demands,whilst providing little detail and showing not much gratitude

I think you need to re-read the manual and go over some of the tutorials and get the basics down,
like altering data ranges which can be done several ways, via menus or scripting depending on type of data and context.

You also need to have a good look at existing Projects to see how other people have dealt with the same issues . . .
Visual indication of 'where in a sequence' can be done numerous ways, flashing leds, pads, multisliders, sliders, range, etc
Yes, moving objects on screen is possible but an easier solution is to simply modulate attributes of existing objects.

And you need to revise your work habits if you are regularly losing work.
You need to save and version more regularly
You may being doing something to cause it

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]