Editor issues

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
joebataz
Regular
Editor issues

Post by joebataz » 02 Mar 2012 17:02

After 2 1/2 hours of work this AM (frequent saves) I was editing a big scrip when the editor screen turned black and KABOOM!
Restared Lemur, opened my project and I was back to yesterday.
What happened??????

Since I am still in a learning mode I do a lot of editing. Silly me, thinking that I could use TextMate, BBEdit, TextEdit, Word, etc. to edit my code. No such luck! When I edit in one of these and try to paste back into Lemur I get one long line of text, so much fun to go in and put returns in on a 200+ line script. NOT!

I can't believe that I'm missing something here with cutting and pasting or is this a for real issue?

Joe B
www.stoneagelighting.com
"old as dirt and made from rock..."

axel_liine
Liine Staff

Re: Editor issues

Post by axel_liine » 02 Mar 2012 18:11

Sorry for that. Line endings disappearing when pasting is indeed a bug, this has been fixed for the next Editor release.
Can you send the crash log files for the crash that occurred before ?

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 02 Mar 2012 22:23

Hi

Finding the syntax errors in your 200 plus line pasted script could also be a lot of fun . . .
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

joebataz
Regular

Post by joebataz » 03 Mar 2012 16:39

I DON'T have bugs in my code!
NOT!

It was a big if statement to get around array limitations. I just put the text objects into a container and had to replace the long names with a pointer name i.e. FrameBuffer.CurrentBankName has become:

decl cBna;
cBNa = findobject('FrameBuffer.CurrentBankName');

Using 3 arrays has worked which is getting me a lot deeper and adding new functionality each day. I still have some wish list items (preset saving, string manipulation, multi-d arrays) but at least I'm at the point where I can muck thru sticking points. The forum is beginning to become more useful as I can now target my searches using the correct terminology.

Now if I could only figure how to get track position out of Traktor.......

Not to be too much of a noob but where would I find the crash logs?

thx
joeb
www.stoneagelighting.com
"old as dirt and made from rock..."