Lemur iPad Audio-MIDI Interface Alternatives.

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
justinmooty
Lemur iPad Audio-MIDI Interface Alternatives.

Post by justinmooty » 01 Mar 2012 12:28

Hello Liine Forums, I noticed that Liine suggests using iConnect MIDI or iO Dock for direct MIDI connection, but I'm curious about other audio/MIDI interfaces on the market. Particularly, compact, reliable, and professional-grade audio-MIDI interfaces that would allow me to use only my Macbook Pro (2011 model, 13"), iPad, and aforementioned interface to control a DAW on my Macbook Pro, and produce professional-grade audio quality signal.

I'm a Techno producer/performer, and I use Lemur for iPad to control DAWs to emulate "DJ'ing." Currently, I use standard CD players and such, but I'm looking for a much more mobile and light setup. I believe that my Macbook Pro (2011 model, 13"), iPad, Lemur, and an audio-MIDI interface can provide a solution to this. Although I've already purchased the Lemur app, I don't yet have an iPad (the new model is due out). However, I've been toying with Lemur for iPhone 4S via WIFI, but I'd like to find a dedicated answer to my question before I invest in this setup any further.

The Focusrite Saffire (link below) appears to be my best option, but I'm unsure if it's compatible with my Macbook Pro, Lemur, and an iPad. I know that's a technical question for Liine, but does anyone else have any input on if it would work? Does anyone else know of any other audio-MIDI interfaces that suit my needs?

Link: http://www.juno.co.uk/products/focusrit ... 368386-01/

findbuddha

Re: Lemur iPad Audio-MIDI Interface Alternatives.

Post by findbuddha » 04 Mar 2012 07:33

Class-compliant USB audio interfaces can work with iOS devices with the camera connection kit as far as I know, however you probably want the audio interface attached to your laptop not your iPad. You'll still need either an iPad midi interface to connect to the soundcard midi port or just use wi-fi.