Newbie help

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
teleholic
Re: Newbie help

Post by teleholic » 24 Mar 2012 21:02

Hi Macciza, thanks so much for all the work you did, unfortunately its not working for me and I think i know why..i suspect my usb midi cable doesn't support sysex..is there a way to confirm this (with Sysex Librarian or smth)? Also, if you use Lemur on Ipad, what midi interface are you using as i'll probably need to get one which supports sysex..thanks for the help so far! Really appreciate it..

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 25 Mar 2012 02:06

Hi
First, try it via the Lemur Daemon - set up the mIdi target to send and receive from the GR and it should work . . .
If setting up the same target again to send via a cable midi interface and it does not work than that is the problem . . .

Look around for a MIDI Monitor program, MIDI Monitor is a good Mac one, and spy on what is being sent.
You would need a suitable Midi interface into the computer as well - maybe the GR would work here . . .
Sysex Librarian should also work by seeing if it can capture the message sent from lemur - needs interfaces as above.

I use the Daemon most of the time but have also used my KMI SoftStep midi expander succesfully . ..

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

teleholic

Post by teleholic » 28 Mar 2012 18:44

Hi i've tried what u suggested and I think the cable's the problem..i'll be getting a cable hopefully soon that supports sysex and have another go..thanks so far for all your help..really appreciate it! Cheers!

secretkillerofnames

Post by secretkillerofnames » 07 Apr 2012 11:29

Macciza wrote:Hi

This should work - sends same info as T_OSC patch . .

Cheers
MM
Hi there.
Thanks for this. I managed to solve my problem from here using the scripted faders from your patch.
Think I still have a ways to go with this though.

chrs
Lloyd

teleholic

Post by teleholic » 19 Jun 2012 20:09

Hi Macciza its been a couple months and i finally got hold of a E-mu xmidi 1x1 tab..it sends sysex and the other day i tried it with my GR 55 and your template..i managed to change parameters with your help, thanks so much...now I'm gonna create a template in Lemur to control the parameters i want but also would like to switch between tabs like the OSC template i showed you few pages back..how do i go about this? I've seen some examples here..but have no idea how they create 'tabs' ..can't find it anywhere in the editor..i would like it not in a drop-down menu form but like the OSC one : AMPS COSM PCM1 PCM2 etc...just click and it changes the page....Thanks for your help!