New and a lot of questions

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Tom_1970
New and a lot of questions

Post by Tom_1970 » 28 Feb 2012 14:40

Hi,

I purchased Lemur app for iPad a few days ago.
After using the MidiTouch and Touchosc apps I decided that Lemur would be a good addition.
I have seen some pretty impressive templates in the library and I understand there is a lot to learn and discover.

I made templates for Midi controllers as the Novation Remote SL an the apps I mentioned, but compared to Lemur this was quite easy.
My first template is for the Voctor plugin for the Use Audio Plugiator. It is very simple and straightforward. It uses CC and Key pressure only so it was an easy start.
Lemur has much more possibilities to make complex controllers.
However, when it comes to the more complex capabilities of Lemur I am a complete newly. I never made any scripts whatsoever so where to begin?
Sure I will read the manual thoroughly, but if you have any good advices for reading and excerxises, please enlighten me.

As a newby I have some questions.

-Is it possible to make a button with a step function, so that every time you press it it will jump to a predetermined value?
-Is sysex not fully implemented in Lemur at this moment, because Lemur doesn't seem to recognize the sysex strings I use.

To get more familiar with Lemur and the editor I plan to make more templates for Plugiator plugins and some soft synths, but I hope to do some more serious programming in the near future.

Regards,

Tom