Colors values R G B for Lemur Scripting ... 127 ??

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
PhilMustang
Colors values R G B for Lemur Scripting ... 127 ??

Post by PhilMustang » 27 Feb 2012 15:43

Hello,

First of all, let me say I am new to your community, I do not own a iPad yet, but if it works with Lemur to drive a RME UFX sound card (standalone) for my little group on stage, I think it will fit my needs ! This SoundBoard is great, but difficult to manage in standalone with just a knob and two buttons.

As I do not have an iPad (well, the new one is about to be released ...), I prefer to learn how to programm my own templates, and I downloaded the Lemur Editor, read some programmation example, and I started to build my own little simple template.
This tool is fantastic !
As I progress in Lemur scripting (that seems to be very powerfull !!!), I start to programm simple things such as :

"When I click on a button "Echo" or "Reverb", That's off : I want all all the colors of the faders, knobs, menus and text of the "Echo" container to turn Grey (so I see the Echo is Off on the Ufx). When I click back on 'Echo', that's "on" and I want all the original colors of knobs and faders to re-appear.
Now I finaly did this (and woww it works !!), but to do so, I had to find what exact R G B values were calculated for the attribute 'color' of the various available objects.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is stated everywhere in the user's manual :
Note that the value of the color attribute can range from 0 to 8355711: ((R x 2^16) + (G x 2^8) + B), where R, G and B are values between 0.00 and 1.00.
If I am correct, the maximum value of 8.355.711 cannot be obtained with 1x2^16+1x2^8+1=65.793
So I searched a little (because you know, I wanted a uniform Grey for my objects), and I have the feeling that R, G, B values must be between 0 and 127.

I also hope that the new iPad (with a higher resolution ???), will be compatible with the Lemur Application.
Does any one of you use a RME UFX with success on an iPad with Lemur ? (I know the manufacturers of the UFX do a great job to implement all commands to make it possible, and I often read their valuable forum).

axel_liine
Liine Staff

Re: Colors values R G B for Lemur Scripting ... 127 ??

Post by axel_liine » 27 Feb 2012 16:11

Looks like a typo in the manual. You can use 0.0 to 1.0 values with the RGB(r,g,b) function, that will transform a set of such values to a usable color. You'll typically never calculate the resulting value yourself from the formula you posted.

PhilMustang

Post by PhilMustang » 27 Feb 2012 16:20

Thanks Axel,
I've just understood the use of the RGB() function (I'm rather new to scripting, but I have the feeling it can be done by a "human" like me ...)
I calculated my "grey" value as 3.947.580 and ... that's a nice Grey ! (even if I will never calculate again the values myself from the formula ;-)

Do you have ideas about the iPad 3 resolution compatibility for the templates I am programming (I started from scratch with your "iPad" empty screen), but will it work for a resolution of 2048 x 1536 ?

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 27 Feb 2012 16:30

Hi

If you use the RGC(r,g,b) function the input values range 0.000000 to 1.0
So yes the quoted equation is multiplied by 127 to get the 8Meg figure,
Using the RGB() is the best way to go - Dark grey = RGB(.3,.3,.3) or similar .

Yes the Lemur will do what you want with the RME . . .

Cheers
MM
Ooops - too long typing . . .
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

PhilMustang

Post by PhilMustang » 27 Feb 2012 16:47

Thanks a lot Macciza for your info on the RME UFX, I think I'll go on programming the template dedcated to my set.
Shall I post-it somewhere so you can understand what I try to do and confirm it is possible (and how ? with a usb cable between the rear usb port from the ufx to the "port" of the iPad ? using what protocol (I think OSC but I am confused about Midi, ...)

axel_liine
Liine Staff

Post by axel_liine » 27 Feb 2012 16:50

PhilMustang wrote:Thanks Axel,
I've just understood the use of the RGB() function (I'm rather new to scripting, but I have the feeling it can be done by a "human" like me ...)
I calculated my "grey" value as 3.947.580 and ... that's a nice Grey ! (even if I will never calculate again the values myself from the formula ;-)

Do you have ideas about the iPad 3 resolution compatibility for the templates I am programming (I started from scratch with your "iPad" empty screen), but will it work for a resolution of 2048 x 1536 ?
Normally, you should be able to display iPad templates on the incoming Retina version just fine. They will appear at the same physical size, with each pixel doubled vertically and horizontally, like they do on Retina iPhones.

PhilMustang

Post by PhilMustang » 27 Feb 2012 16:56

Thanks Axel for this info, I will go on exploring the functions and scripting of your software with the Editor's version. I still can't believe it can do all I want !
Have a nice evening,
Philippe