Logic and lemur

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
synesthesia
Logic and lemur

Post by synesthesia » 25 Feb 2012 01:38

Hi there,

I'm probably being dim.. but I can't see in Logic where the OSC commands are, so I can work out what I need to assign to a pad to (for example) switch the data view to key velocity, modulation etc..

I can't see any Logic templates that I could investigate to try and learn - are there any around?

Thanks!

Paul

Phil999
Regular

Re: Logic and lemur

Post by Phil999 » 25 Feb 2012 03:08

as far as I know, no. It's a bit surprising because there is a perfect interface with TouchOSC. Timecode, plugin parameter name display, everything.

The remarkable thing with this TouchOSC interface is that Logic automatically recognises the control surface, and you're ready. I don't know how it is done, but in this interface must be the key.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

pepez

Post by pepez » 12 Apr 2012 08:53

I´m making a complete MCU layout for Logic. More than 100 parameters asigned till now. Will be ready soon, if I find time to write the .pdf (some kind of manual becomes necessary, given its relative complexity)

synesthesia

Post by synesthesia » 10 May 2012 21:59

OK - I'm making slow progress... :D

Now I'm stymied by the keycomboout script.

I'm trying to make a simple CMD-S to send a save message to the keyboard in Logic.

BUT!! the script doesn't mention CMD, only CTRL SHIFT and ALT.

Anyone know a way around this (apart from reprogramming all the key commands in Logic)

Thanks!

Paul

pulsewidthmod

Post by pulsewidthmod » 31 May 2012 03:21

Phil999 wrote:as far as I know, no. It's a bit surprising because there is a perfect interface with TouchOSC. Timecode, plugin parameter name display, everything.

The remarkable thing with this TouchOSC interface is that Logic automatically recognises the control surface, and you're ready. I don't know how it is done, but in this interface must be the key.
TouchOSC became a recognized control surface with Logic 9.1.2

I would expect Apple to add Lemur to the supported devices being that TouchOSC was an application inspired by Lemur.

I just got the app for my iPad. I have an Alesis iO dock. I'm super excited about using Lemur with Logic and hopefully I will be able to use it as a sequencer (monome-like) to trigger samples/drums, maybe even some of my hardware analog synths. :)