Lemur minus computer equals?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
obis
Lemur minus computer equals?

Post by obis » 05 Feb 2012 00:01

I am considering purchasing lemur but I don't really use ableton or any other pc/Mac software (other than very rarely I sometimes use renoise). I primarily use my iPad for writing music, meaning I generlly don't want to have my mac with me when writing music. Are there any plans for users who primarily use virtual midi with lemur (animoog, Sunriser, grainbender, grain science and genome ect...)? Also are there any plans for creating user interfaces directly on an iPad (without using Mac or pc based lemur editor)?

marino_liine
Regular

Re: Lemur minus computer equals?

Post by marino_liine » 08 Feb 2012 10:49

Hi Obis,

Thanks for the post. Currently Lemur supports Virtual MIDI, I can tell you that it does work with Animoog and some other apps but I cannot provide you with a complete list. Some apps will not support this feature so be advised.

Cheers,
Marino.

Robert Lauriston

Post by Robert Lauriston » 04 May 2012 15:03

What do I need to do to connect Lemur and Animoog? I have both running but they don't show up in each other's MIDI settings. Do I need to install something like MIDIBridge?

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 04 May 2012 16:53

it's pretty simple: run Animoog and set it to 'background audio', so that it will continue making sound when it is closed. Also, select 'Network Session 1' to enable external MIDI control. Run Lemur and select Animoog in the MIDI targets. As template choose one that sends MIDI notes, for example Claviamat, or ABreakpoint.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 04 May 2012 16:55

Hi
With both Lemur and Animoog running on the iPad, open the Lemur settings page and set up the necessary 'MIDI Target to' to send on and select Animoog from the iPad selections.
ie Select MIDI 0 - To: and in the selection menu there should be entries for your computer and your iPad - under IPad there should be a Animoog MIDI IN selection; select it to send MIDI from Lemur to Animoog. Animoog does not have a MIDI out so it can not send anything. And the 'background audio' thing that Phil mentioned above . . .
Hope that helps
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Robert Lauriston

Post by Robert Lauriston » 05 May 2012 16:37

Thanks. It didn't occur to me that Lemur wouldn't always send MIDI.