midi note recieving

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
vj skulpt
midi note recieving

Post by vj skulpt » 04 Feb 2012 18:09

Hi guys,
In need of help, probably an easy solution. I'm trying to send a midi note from ableton to trigger a pad in lemur. I have midi data going to and from fine.
The problem is i can only choose "90-note on" or "80-note off" messages in the lemur editor. Which means the pad is only receiving half of the note data from ableton. Does anyone know how i can get a pad to respond to a note on + off, i.e note length? Skulpt. =)

vj skulpt

Re: midi note recieving

Post by vj skulpt » 04 Feb 2012 19:34

I figured it out, i set the message from the pad to deal with the "note on" message, and then created a script executable by midi, with this expression.. if(MIDI_ARGS[0])x=0; Pad now switches on and off at the correct moments even if i stretch the note in ableton. Hope this helps someone else. =)

vj skulpt

Post by vj skulpt » 04 Feb 2012 23:23

Doh! No thats not really working how i want it to either. My method above worked fine for updating the pad in lemur, but i now need to get the same pad to output OSC on and off when it recieves the midi data.
Weirdly when i press the pad, OSC on + off works fine. ATM using my above method i'm just getting OSC off signal. Any ideas anyone?

Digital Drum

Post by Digital Drum » 24 Feb 2016 13:01

Hi, I am also trying to manipulate incoming midi note from my daw. By way of midi args I'm trying to flash a fader color on a set channel, to midi sequence notes coming in from the daw. You mention note on and offs. What would that look like in script? Hoping note on and off will respond to the incoming sequence notes.
Thanks