small problem with m4l lemur and OSC

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Joe Soap
Regular
Re: small problem with m4l lemur and OSC

Post by Joe Soap » 13 Jan 2013 20:35

If you're losing inlet / outlet connections and having to reconnect them I think you're probably doing something wrong.

Try my advice to "save as" your device (patcher / .amxd) to a different directory (sidestepping any file-lock issues) and load the newly saved version. Any changes like connections should be exactly as you saved them.

Same advice applies to saving Lemur templates. Anyone who's saved their template only to find that nope . . . it didn't save . . . well, it did. But it saved to a hidden temp dir buried deep in the Windows directory structure never to be seen again. < More on this later.

dbk
Regular

Post by dbk » 14 Jan 2013 09:55

Joe Soap wrote:If you're losing inlet / outlet connections and having to reconnect them I think you're probably doing something wrong.

Try my advice to "save as" your device (patcher / .amxd) to a different directory (sidestepping any file-lock issues) and load the newly saved version. Any changes like connections should be exactly as you saved them.

Same advice applies to saving Lemur templates. Anyone who's saved their template only to find that nope . . . it didn't save . . . well, it did. But it saved to a hidden temp dir buried deep in the Windows directory structure never to be seen again. < More on this later.
yes, most likely it´s a user error, will try your advice!.

cheers,
dbk

Rtech

Post by Rtech » 21 Feb 2013 23:03

I just came across this issue with OSC and max for live. Running wndows 7, max 5, and live 8.3.

Here is a thread on the cycling '74 forum about it:

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?i ... ost-215527

Supposedly this happens because only 1 program can be connected to the udp port at a time. When the max editor is opened from inside live, the port switches from m4l to max. The problem seems it doesn't always switch back quickly once the max editor is closed and you're back in m4l.

This is pretty annoying and there doesn't seem to be a clear solution to it. I'm also surprised more people haven't run into this.

Joe Soap
Regular

Post by Joe Soap » 22 Feb 2013 02:19

I've run into this too.

We need a smarter udpsend / udpreceive for Max generally, and more specifically the handoff between Live and Max could use some refinement.