Can someone help me with a couple of fader question?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
crystaldrone
Can someone help me with a couple of fader question?

Post by crystaldrone » 17 Oct 2017 20:05

Hello All,

Firstly I was looking to make a fader change its direction with a trigger pad.

Second, is it possible for two faders to endlessly crossfade with a trigger pad? I have attached a script called 'cross-fading' someone had posted here which exactly does that but pad needs to be triggered again and again to crossfade. Like when Fader1 reaches 0, it tells Fader2 to come to 0. But at the same time, Fader2, which is at 1 at the moment, tells Fader1 to come to 1, because of which they keep crossfading and shuttling endlessly. I was also thinking of incorporating the trigger pad to change fader directions I was talking about into this.

I am making a set of eight faders that can be made to move in a lot of ways by triggering different scripts on frame and really want to include something like that too. Can someone help me with that? Is something like that possible?

I am also attaching the faders module I made right under this post. It is an improvisation of some basic scripts that were posted here and is still under work. Would love to know what you guys think.

Thanks!
Attachments
cross-fading.jzml
(7.35KiB)Downloaded 60 times

crystaldrone

Re: Can someone help me with a couple of fader question?

Post by crystaldrone » 17 Oct 2017 20:12

here!
Attachments
fader-control.jzml
(116.25KiB)Downloaded 59 times

crystaldrone

Post by crystaldrone » 18 Oct 2017 17:51

Ok so I was able to get a radio switch and a fader to cross fade two other faders. There might be a better way to achieve this but this is what I could figure out so far. Can someone please tell me how can I make the faders freeze and release again with a button or a switch?

Really really hoping for some advice.
Thanks!
Attachments
a switch and a fader to crossfade two other faders.jzlib
(11.51KiB)Downloaded 61 times

denoiser

Post by denoiser » 19 Oct 2017 01:19

Is this what you wanted, or i missed something?

in master fader there are few vars you can adapt:
auto - if 0, faders will do one crossfade and stop, 1 is endless movement
crosstime = time it takes for faders to travel from point a to point b (if there's smaller distance to travel, they will go slower to arrive on time).

You can move any of faders, and upon release, it will become new starting/destination point.
Attachments
Crosfades.jzml
(11.46KiB)Downloaded 61 times

crystaldrone

Post by crystaldrone » 19 Oct 2017 18:35

Hi Denoiser,

This is exactly what I was looking for! I think need open my maths books. lol

Anyways, I am attaching the setup in which I wanted to add what you just sent. There are eight faders that are alternatively inverted as of now, with a recordable master fader with record enable. And six radio switches (as of now) which change how the faders move and is quiet fun when the randomiser is tapped in combination. But here is what I am thinking looking at what you sent...

To add a Freeze button, a knob or a fader for individual faders to +/- crosstime, to make the toggle that globally changes fader directions, for every fader, instead of the global toggle that it is now and finally 3 Switches/Buttons - One that runs the script I have put in now to invert the faders, one that puts it off and makes all the faders go in one direction, and the 3rd to put both these scripts off, so we can use the directon toggles per fader that I mentioned previously.

I could makes the faders go in one direction but just could not get such 3 switches work, or the freeze, or the fader/knob to control crosstimes. I did manage to runscripts on demand in the 'fader control' attachment above, but kind of lost this time. Can you help out a little in anyway?

Thanks a ton!
Attachments
8 fader-fun.jzlib
(34.79KiB)Downloaded 66 times

crystaldrone

Post by crystaldrone » 19 Oct 2017 19:58

Ok I have added the script you wrote to the '8 fader-fun' module i attached earlier. To put everything in the previous comment in a nut shell, do you think we can add -

1. A fader/radio switch to +/- crosstime.
2. A button/switch to put the set_slider_inverted script On/Off (Off will mean that all faders move in the same direction instead of being alternately inverted like now).
3. A button/ switch to put the auto crossfading On/Off.
4. Individual fader direction toggle switches instead of the global one right now. This can be used in combination with the crosstime determining fader when the other
scripts are off.
5. And freeze Function for all these "modes".

Cheers!
Attachments
8 fader-fun_auto crossfade.jzml
(37.69KiB)Downloaded 60 times