some suggestions/requests

Share your experiences with Griid, feature wishlist and discuss music and live performance.

some suggestions/requests

Postby hbeing123 » 29 Jan 2011 02:13

congrats on the first proper multi-touch clip editor, some requests, some are obvious, sorry there is never enough functionality :) thx:

- grid snap selections including triplets
- note length function, or hold note length.
- undo functionality (I frequently find myself accidentally deleting parts)
- direct clip width manipulation without using duplicate
- ability to select multiple notes and move/copy/delete - perhaps have a select mode, it's difficult to quantize notes without deleting them, also good for note velocity
- fold function
- a button to automatically create a new clip and move down to it playing would be nice (perhaps duplicate), or the ability to scroll up/down via a clip to another clip, without having to go back to the main screen, quicker to make variations
-I would prefer it if my second finger drop resized the note regardless of the vertical position. the vertical velocity should be relative to the second finger vposition also, not relative to the note. you always end up remaking notes.
- midi cc lanes/pitch bend, i'm sure you're working on it
hbeing123

Re: some suggestions/requests

Postby nick_liine » 29 Jan 2011 10:04

hbeing123 wrote:congrats on the first proper multi-touch clip editor, some requests, some are obvious, sorry there is never enough functionality :) thx:

- grid snap selections including triplets
- note length function, or hold note length.
- undo functionality (I frequently find myself accidentally deleting parts)
- direct clip width manipulation without using duplicate
- ability to select multiple notes and move/copy/delete - perhaps have a select mode, it's difficult to quantize notes without deleting them, also good for note velocity
- fold function
- a button to automatically create a new clip and move down to it playing would be nice (perhaps duplicate), or the ability to scroll up/down via a clip to another clip, without having to go back to the main screen, quicker to make variations
-I would prefer it if my second finger drop resized the note regardless of the vertical position. the vertical velocity should be relative to the second finger vposition also, not relative to the note. you always end up remaking notes.
- midi cc lanes/pitch bend, i'm sure you're working on it

That is an awesome list of suggestions, thank you for the feedback!

Nick
nick_liine
Liine Staff

Postby hbeing123 » 02 Feb 2011 10:07

np on the suggestions...one more thing tho, connection issues are outrageous for me, weird because it started out ok but things have gotten very unreliable, some days I just can't get griid to find the connector no matter what, other times its fine?? very odd.. you've really got to make reliability the most important thing because otherwise it's just a gimmick unfortunately, not sure what can be done about this problem in the future but if someone can strengthen the connection between hardware and software, make it indestructible, that would be great, it's been an issue with all of these apps, but I like how midi touch goes through the core midi driver, it's been quite reliable and picks up from drops.
hbeing123

Postby roembach » 22 Mar 2011 03:06

i had a similar problem with the connection, only happened once. Hope it doesnt happen again or i wont be able to use this live
roembach

Return to Discussion